21 May 2008

An experiment in blogging...

One of my many projects for the summer, as noted in a previous post, is to read through St. Augustine's De trinitate. Here's where the experiment comes in. From time to time, I will post little excerpts from the work--sometimes comparing and contrasting it with other sources, and sometimes making little comments of my own. I invite readers to participate in this little experiment with me. I may not follow through on your comments or observations, but I do not wish to trust my own reading without getting remarks from others.

NOTA BENE:
1. These posts will not be for everybody. If you don't understand what's being discussed, not to worry--just press on to something else that interests you.
2. I will probably not have the time to bring folks up to speed on these issues; let me recommend for those who are interested, the works of Lossky and Meyendorff.


The text of De trinitate I'll be using is the new edition; here's the bibliographical information:

Augustine, Saint, Bishop of Hippo. The Trinity. Translated by Edmund Hill. New York: New City Press, 1991. ISBN: 0-911782-96-6.

No comments: